Wednesday 30 April 2014

Throwback – March 30, 2013

Kuching Supercars gathers at Swinburne University Sarawak Campus


As you might know I study at Swinburne Sarawak Campus here in my home town. Usually you don’t get much news of supercars rolling in for a show in Universities but the amazing fact was last March 2013 it actually happened right at my Uni.






The University was holding a carnival with games, dance performances & food. The Kuching Supercar Owners Club actually came to join the fun along to capture the eyes and bring the crowds of students, lecturers and staffs. I was a little disappointed all the supercars didn’t fully turn up. Usually there are more supers like the F430s, 458s, Audi R8, Ferrari 599s and Bentley Supersports. However, it was the first time I actually had a good detailed look around the arancio atlas Lamborghini Aventador. We also have the two Lamborghini Gallardos and a Ferrari F430 Spider. Then we have a couple of Porsches like the Cayman and Panamera and a Bentley Flying Spur.





I was there like 80% of the time in the Swinburne Carnival to admire, taking some pictures and talking to people about the cars even though it was a really hot there and I was sweating mad but looking and chatting with friends and strangers was a real joy so I didn’t care and the other 20% of the time is food and join some of the games.






I seriously hope they do this gathering at the University more often although disappointedly this year 2014 there wasn’t any supercar gathering during this year’s carnival. I pray the next coming carnivals the owners can bring these gorgeous cars. It’s nice to see loads of people crowding and just admiring cars even though not all of them are car fanatics. This event was definitely one of the most memorable of the Kuching supercar gatherings I have ever been although there were not many of them.



It’s late but big thanks to Swinburne Council and The Kuching Supercar Owners Club in making this wonderful event possible.


P.S. More to come on the Kuching Supercars Owners Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment