Sunday 31 August 2014

2014 August ~ KL Supercar Hunt

Hello viewers, I’m back!



August has been busy at the same time a fantastic month, maybe even the best so far for 2014, because I have some really fast and beautiful cars to show and tell from my KL (Kuala Lumpur) trip. Unfortunately it was only a 4-day trip so I did not; sadly, get as many pictures as I wanted. The main reason, firstly, I had this trip was to visit my relatives and some friends living there and secondly, of course, is to hunt and snap for some exotic machines and share it with you all.



During the trip, time was always against me even though I planned the schedule ahead. Another thing you have to know about KL is everywhere it’s far and it really was time consuming even if you drive fast on the highways. And some of the showrooms I intended to visit like the Lamborghini and McLaren showrooms were not accessible to me at that time. Most the pictures were taken from the Pavilion Mall and NAZA. And lastly, I had to spend time with my big family whom I had an awesome time with.



And really before I go through some of the cars I must give a big shout out to my friend Alvin who has been the one driving me around to find these cars and also for some good food. Without him, none of these pictures and experiences will be possible!



Day 2 was the day where we had most of the pictures shot. We headed out to the Pavilion Mall because my Aunt and cousin decided to treat us for some amazing ramen. There we explored the underground car park and the famous Pavilion valet car park where there were a couple of Porsches, Ferrari and this bizarre VW in chrome blue. Sadly, we were there before lunch time and it was a Friday working day so we did not see as much as we wanted. We also went to the Bentley showroom which was in the Mall itself to see several models like the new V8 GTC and the GT Speed.
After the lunch and some awesome gelato we split up and headed to NAZA. To be honest I was really tired that day and had a nap while Alvin was at the wheel. I can tell you how my energy charged up immediately when Alvin woke me up. From my eyes, I saw a blur of bright yellow and as my eyes settled suddenly there was epic bright yellow Ferrari 458 Italia right in front of our car. I wish you could see my reaction that moment. I was seriously wide awake…better than the coffee!









NAZA’s complex was massive so we started at NAZA Italia where it’s the official showroom for Ferrari & Maserati. One the ground floor is where they hold Ferrari cars and the upper floor is where they hold the Maserati cars. Sadly yet again when I was there, the Maserati MC12 and the Ferrari Enzo were sent away for service so I did not get the opportunity to snap. There were a number of Ferraris mostly F12 Berlinetta-s and 458s. They have the usual selection of colors especially red. There were two Ferraris that really caught my attention from the epic floor. One was this tangerine orange Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, next a full white Ferrari 458 Spider, then a black Ferrari 458 with a “Kuching” license on it and lastly a customized Ferrari 458 Speciale. I am not allowed by the sales people to post this unique car because it hasn’t reached the customer but I must say it looks epic. I’ll describe it. It is painted in a two tone matte black and white with a nice red and black strip and at the front intakes they were painted chrome red and it is surrounded by ribbons. I was told this car is bought as a birthday present. How I wish it’s me because it looks fantastic and because it’s the Speciale. For your information all Speciales are sold out in the whole of Malaysia. On the Maserati floor, we had the usual Gran Turismos, the new Quattropotte and the Ghiblis. The highlights were the MC Stradale in white as well as this Maserati in beautiful matte blue. It really looks good with the indoors and sun light.






After Italia, we went to the main NAZA hall where it was renovated specially for NAZA Swedish Motors where they are the official dealer for one of the fastest manufacturers in the world, Koenigsegg. There they had a black Koenigsegg Agera S. Unfortunately yet again; we could not see the whole car as it was under the cloth. We also had a look at the BMW M6 Gran Coupe, Audi R8 V10, Bentleys, the new S63 AMG and some superbikes like Ducati and Aprilia which I am not really interested in. I guess my favorite part was the trying the only-2-in-Malaysia limited edition Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera LP570-4 in this lime green paint. We also happened to meet and have a good chat with the manager about the sales of this car and learnt a great deal manager’s experience with the cars. He was really kind to let us have a go at the Lamborghini and, my goodness, the sound it makes is so different compared to the normal Gallardo LP560s. I barely floored the gas and it set up a blast throughout the hall and even stunned some of the people both customers and employees nearby. I know to many the new Lamborghini Huracan is the new replacement and many are chasing and even buying it now but personally I don’t think I will ever like it. I believe the Gallardo Superleggera is still the better car, it looks more of a supercar, it sacrifices all the practicalities to perform faster and to save weight, it looks more insane andit is a supercar that is built purely for driving fun. The Huracan in my eyes is more of after plastic surgery Audi R8 with more horsepower and I also think the design is a little boring. But maybe it’s just me! The Gallardo holds a special place in my heart even when it first came out.






I just wish my timing was better and my trip was longer. It was an epic trip! I had tons of great fun with my relatives’ and friends and even though there were unfortunate moments with the cars, it was really worth it! I did at the very least take quite a number of pictures and explore the cars.








For more pictures, do like and follow me on my new Facebook page for this blog. I promise I will bring up more news in the future! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment