Tuesday 24 June 2014

24th June 2014

Porsche Panamera

So today, Tuesday, it is an unexpectedly lucky day. A good friend of mine who has returned from Melbourne for a short break called me during breakfast, if you have read the previous post on the Panamera he was the one who owned the white Panamera which we got busted by a speed camera. It was very kind of him to drive me yet again in his Panamera while we were hanging out and catching up.



This time I paid closer attention to the way the car performs.  I am not sure what model this one is but it is a naturally aspirated (I believe it is a V6). Even though I have gone faster before this car’s acceleration really stuns me due to the fact that it is a really big and heavy car, I will admit I was trying to hold my bladder each time my friend floors the gas, the excitement does physically draw things out. Most of the Panameras I know in Kuching are pretty quiet even if they accelerate fast but in this Panamera my friend got the sports exhaust. Bless him! I mean what is the point of a fast car when you don’t have the noise.


The guess the only thing I am still not used to is the number of buttons on the center console, having so many buttons makes it feel like as though we are an actual speed rocket which probably what Porsche was trying to make us think it is. On the good side the buttons are not messily placed about and they are easy to press and despite being rather sophisticated it does look to impress. It is elegant and very posh.



It was fun; the only sad thing was the traffic and the fear of speed cameras which slows us down. Hopefully one day I could get the chance to test drive a Panamera. I’ll be sure to bring up a review on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment