Sunday 4 May 2014

Throwback – Sunday, 30 June 2013

Hills Mall Supercar Show, Kuching 2013



There are many memorable moments in my car-obsess life especially the car shows. I love car shows. The big noisy & excited crowds from the young to old, the beautiful models, the photographers and most importantly are the supercars filled brutal noises and plenty of horsepower. I was in my exam week with the last paper coming up in a few days so I decided to just take the afternoon off to de-stress myself and really was it worth it. 




Car shows are the perfect time to just feast your eyes upon these amazing cars and meet & talk to friends or even strangers all about cars. The one thing I love most about car enthusiast meeting another car enthusiast is it establishes relationships rather quickly. It is like conversing in another language and it is just all about the interest the two parties share in common.





Kuching is a pretty small city so to have a supercar here is quite rare and also hard because there are no official supercar showrooms and it is not easy to find maintenance for these expensive machines and because the import tax are high. Kuching unlike the capital city, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore is not your typical place to look for supercars even though the number has been climbing a lot the past few years.
During that car show, two new supercars joined the Kuching Supercar Owners Club fleet which were a Maserati Gran Turismo and the brand new Aston Martin Vanquish.
I guess the highlight of the show were the Lamborghinis, it was just a large crowd trying to view around the car and taking pictures. It was unsurprising for the Lamborghinis to steal the show. We had the rare (and it was the first time I saw it) Verde Ithaca Aventador, the Arancio Atlas Aventador, the full black Murcielago and of course the Gallardo LP560.






Next in line, we had the WALD R35 GT-R, a blue Audi R8 V8, a yellow F430 Spider and a two-tone red/black Ferrari F430 coupe. Then we have a couple of cars like the Porsche Caymans, the Bentley Continental Supers and the Continental GT.
I only stayed until the middle of the event where the photo-taking session was taking place with the beautiful models posing next to the cars. It was nice to see Asha, a beautiful Kazakh who was studying the same subject with me in Swinburne, with the modelling team.






For me I really had a good time during that car show. The exciting atmosphere and the amazing cars put together. Yet again, it was not the full fleet of the Supercar Owners Club, some did not attend which was pity but either way it was nice to see these cars especially the Aventadors and the beautiful Aston Martin Vanquish. These two cars were the big boys with their massive V12 engines that caught my attention. The Aston the star for in eye, it is the latest car in the fleet and because the Aston Martin is up to now one of the most stunning supercars I have ever seen; it has such a beautiful design from the outside to the inside. It is a very good looking car, no second thought on that! I was really impressed too with stunning upholstery. Sure did I remember it took my breath away just to see the detail of this car.




Personally for me I really love car shows, it is a nice to time just concentrate on one’s hobby and it also acts as a motivation to work harder and smarter to be able to afford these cars. Maybe one day, who knows?

P.S. Thanks once again to the Kuching Supercar Owners Club for making this special occasion an awesome one.

No comments:

Post a Comment